Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ashes and Snow Exhibition




The Nomadic Museum. This museum traveles around the world.
This Museum was constructed of many containers.
I haven't ever seen this type of museum. It was so cool.

My first impression of the exhibition was grandeur of nature.
The songs I heard when I first came in the museum was so nice. They created an inarticulate atmosphere which made me think about infinity.
I really liked it and bought soundtrack CD after that.


What was he attempting to represent through his pieces??

I think that Gregory Colbert is trying to express that human beings originally
lived side by side with nature. All of his pieces shows an intimate interaction
between human and animals.

His photos seemed a little unnatural as if they were collaged with some effects.
Actually I thought like that.
However, when I saw the pamphlet handed out in the entrance,
I was surprised that it says "None of the images have been digitally collaged of
superimposed. They record what the artist himself saw through his lens."
The picture that a child sitting next to a tiger is really unbelievable!!


I like his films more than his photographic works.
Because they are more natural in terms of their action.
In regards to men in photos, they look like being acted.
But movies have more natural and realistic flow.

Anyway, I can get a sense of primitive spirit through his works.
I hope this feeling would be helpful for my playing Djembe.




















No comments: